New Delhi, Jan 2: Amid
continuing ceasefire violations by the Pakistani Army, Indian Army Chief
General Bipin Rawat on Tuesday said that the Army will continue its aggressive
strategy to deal with such situation along the Line of control (LoC) in Jammu
and Kashmir, bordering Pakistan.
“The Army is giving a befitting reply to
ceasefire violations done across the border. We will continue our aggressive
stride against them (Pakistan),” said Gen Rawat on the sideline of an event
here.
“We are getting a satisfactory result with our continued hard line strategy. Causalities are massive beyond the border,” said the Army Chief.
On being asked about the insurgency in North East, Gen Rawat said, “The situation is normal there. We have been able to neutralize the insurgents’ activities.”
Besides developmental work and efforts being put by the Army, the mindsets of people have also changed, he added. They also want to come into mainstream of development.
This year over 700 ceasefire violations were reported across the LoC in comparison to last year’s 500. UNI
“We are getting a satisfactory result with our continued hard line strategy. Causalities are massive beyond the border,” said the Army Chief.
On being asked about the insurgency in North East, Gen Rawat said, “The situation is normal there. We have been able to neutralize the insurgents’ activities.”
Besides developmental work and efforts being put by the Army, the mindsets of people have also changed, he added. They also want to come into mainstream of development.
This year over 700 ceasefire violations were reported across the LoC in comparison to last year’s 500. UNI


Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours