New Delhi, Feb 21: The Ministry of External Affairs has announced that the registration for Kailash Manasarovar Yatra has commenced from Tuesday, February 20, and will continue till March 23.
"This year the Yatra is scheduled during the period 08 June to 8 September through two routes. Applicants for this Yatra must be at least 18 years and not more than 70 years on 1 January 2018 to be eligible to apply for this Yatra. Last date for registration is 23 March 2018," a MEA statement said here on Wednesday.
"Keeping in line with Government of India’s push for digital mode of interaction with the public, registration for this Yatra on the website https://kmy.gov.in is a fully online process. Applicants have to scan and upload passport pages containing personal details (photo page), address details (last page), and a photo to complete the application," it said.
The online form has necessary guidelines in Hindi and English languages to complete the form. 
Selection of applicants will be through a fair computer-generated, random, gender-balanced selection process. 
Applicants will be notified of their selection after the computerised draw through automated email or SMS. After selection, applicants have to pay the confirmation fee as detailed on the website, to confirm their participation. 
Applicants can also get information, and track the status of their application through interactive helpline No: 011-24300655, the statement said.
There are two routes for this Yatra. The route through Lipulekh Pass (Uttarakhand), which involves some trekking is estimated to cost about Rs.1.6 lakh per person. The duration of the Yatra is 24 days for each batch including 3 days in Delhi for preparatory work. 
This route passes through important sites like Narayan Ashram and Patal Bhuvaneshwar. 
Pilgrims or Yatris can also see the scenic beauty of Chialekh Valley, or the ‘Om Parvat’ which has the natural occurrence of snow in the shape of ‘Om’ on this mountain. 
The route through Nathu La Pass (Sikkim) is motorable and suitable for senior citizens unable to undertake arduous trekking. 
From Gangtok, the route passes through scenic places like Hangu lake, and through the vast landscape of the Tibetan plateau. It is estimated to cost about Rs 2 lakhs person, and duration would be 21 days including 3 days in Delhi for preparatory work. 
The statement also said senior citizens would have priority on the Nathu La route if they opt for it. 
Two persons may apply and undertake the Yatra together, subject to conditions. Yatris can select both routes indicating priority or select only one of the routes. They will be allotted a route and batch through computerized draw of lots, the statement said. 
The Ministry of External Affairs has been organising the annual Kailash Mansarovar Yatra since 1981. It was discontinued earlier due to strained relations between India and China. The Nathu La route was started in 2015. UNI
Share To:

Hello Jammu News

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours