‘Every road to serve for at least 10 years’
Conducts extensive tour of Kupwara
|
KUPWARA, SEPTEMBER 14: Stressing
on the importance of quality, Minister for Public Works Naeem Akhtar today said
that every road being built in the state should serve the people for atleast a
decade and any incompetence will be dealt with strict action against concerned
contractor and officials.
Conducting an extensive tour of Kupwara District, the Minister together
with quality control team conducted on the spot check of various roads. He
appealed the people to come forward and take the ownership of roads and ensure
that the work is done according to specifications.
While conducting the inspection of Drugmulla-Kandi road being built
under PMGSY, the team found some lacunae in road construction specification. He
issued on the spot order for taking disciplinary action against the concerned
official and penal action against the contractor in accordance with rules
following a proper investigation. The Minister directed the
removal of entire gravel and lay the material in accordance with the rules. “The road
is being built for the people and it should atlas serve for next 10 years. To
achieve that dream the government won’t tolerate any incompetence,” the
Minister said.
He also gave the directions to Deputy Commissioner Kupwara to inquire
and ensure quality control on Pazipora Bala and Gushi to Batargam road,
handover of High School Pazipora building in three months,
The Minister also visited the 100 bed district hospital Kupwara being
built by R&B department at a cost of Rs 24.80 crore. The Minister directed
the officials to complete the project by the end of this year as it will serve
a huge population and decongest the existing old hospital. The Minister was
informed that the Rs 1.6 crore NTPHC Trehgam building will be completed in next
three months and first floor of Rs 7.43 crore 30 bed Hospital Kralpora will be
completed by the end of this year.
At Awoora, the Minister expressed concern on the delay of start of work
on Batargam-Awoora road and gave direction to start the work within a week’s time.
The Minister also visited various bridges, on which the construction
work has been stopped due to shortage of funds. Expressing concern on the
situation the Minister said that these projects have been started by previous
government without any funding, which resulted in their non-completion.
“We have
projects including bridges worth around Rs 16 crore and for which just few lakh
were granted. They represent negative legacy of previous government. Now we are
trying to straighten the system and it will take time to complete these
projects,” said the Minister.
The Minister was accompanied by Member of Parliament Rajya Sabha Mir
Mohammed Fayaz, MLA Kupwara Bashir Ahmad, Chief Engineer R&B and PMGSY,
Deputy Commissioner Kupwara and other officials.

Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours