Srinagar, Oct 3: Mobile internet service of all Cellular companies, including Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), was suspended as a precautionary measure to prevent spread of rumours in south Kashmir, where incidents of braid chopping has not stopped even after police constituting special committees.
      The 2G mobile internet services was also suspended in Anantnag, Pulwama, Kulgam and Shopian around 
midnight yesterday to prevent rumours in the wake of no letup in braid chopping incidents in south Kashmir.
      However, the high speed internet (4G and 3G) services had already been suspended 
on Saturdayin south Kashmir.
      Officials said that the internet services were suspended in these districts to prevent unnecessary panic among people following rumours about hoax braid chopping incidents. However, the banning of the services has led to more rumours about braid chopping incidents.
  The curb on the internet services has  badly affected professionals, businessmen, besides students.  
      Meanwhile, Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti yesterday said the government is trying its best to nab and punish the people involved in the crime.
      The Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police, South Kashmir Range (SKR), said that special police teams have been deputed in the twin districts of Anantnag and Kulgam.
       With no headway in any of the cases, police on October 1 doubled the reward money to Rs 6 lakh for giving information or assistance in nabbing any person found involved in braid chopping. The helplines have also been established in every district of the valley.
       So far over 30 braid chopping incidents have been reported in Kashmir valley, where such cases have created panic among people. Many people living in various parts of the Valley have stopped going to morning and evening walks due to the scare of braid chopping. UNI 
Share To:

Hello Jammu News

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours